Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thank God, It's Not Cancer!

I don't even have my emotions together yet, but we learned today that it's NOT cancer!  Upon check-in at the cancer facility today my blood pressure was 191/103.  I was so stressed, because I didn't know what kind of news the doctor was going to deliver.  This was by far the SCARIEST experience I've had in my entire life.  Both my husband and I have said that not even the initial breast cancer diagnosis was as scary as this.  We, of course, knew what a metastesis would have meant... incurable cancer.

My diagnosis was tendonitis and another "itis" which neither I nor my oncologist had heard of before.  I'm going to see another doctor to find out what to do about this so we can move toward healing.  Some sort of injury must have occured, but I can't remember getting hurt.

All I can say right now is, "Thank you, Lord!"  I know I'm going to break down and cry at some point, and then maybe my thoughts will come together.  I know there is a lesson in this somewhere.  I feel blessed.  I feel God's mercy on my life.  I know that He has a purpose for my life, for at least a while longer.  I'm so grateful.... beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment