Friday, October 15, 2010

Up's and Down's

A lil' update:

Breast is healing well. Much finer scar this time, thankfully. Surgeon removed old scar at the time of the last surgery. The breast is red and warm, so went to doc's today for a check-up. Not sure if it's an infection or not, but am on antibiotics just in case. It could be that it's starting to bruise.

Hair is still growing---ever so slowly. Wore wig to do errands the other day and it seemed good to have HAIR. Yet, anytime I looked in the mirror, I did not see "me"... I saw my face with a wig. When I don't have anything on my head, I feel like I look like a man. VERY anxious for my hair to grow!

I'm still tired all of the time, but keep pushing along and trying to live a normal life. In my gutt, I know that I'm not doing my body any justice by not listening to it when I know it's telling me it desperately needs rest. I've GOT to try and find a way to lay down for an hour each afternoon, somehow.

I'm taking care of my grandson (baby) a few days a week, and some of those days it's for about 11 hours. I get really worn out, although I love spending time with him. He's adorable and it's amazing to watch him grow and change as quickly as he is. He's really very sweet and he's a good baby. He smiles and laughs most of the time. :-) Adorable!

Kaylee and I have been stripping the wallpaper in the dining room this week. It's lot of work, but it's also fun. We want to paint it green. We have put some paint on teh walls already. It's darker than we'd hoped it'd be, but it's growing on us.

My father is being transported to a local hospital at this very moment. Trouble with breathing... needs oxygen. He has congestive heart failure. :-( Worried. Also worried about how to hold up with so much caregiving--- my little kids, my grandbaby, my father, my mother... and... somehow---- taking care of my own health. It's very hard!!! I can only imagine how DAD feels right now... it must be so discouraging to be so limited and in and out of hospitals nowadays. :-( he's always been so strong. I feel so sad for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment