Monday, December 27, 2010

Very Sad Day

Here we are--- about to end a very diffult year---with the hope of a better 2011--- feeling anticipation for getting back a sense of "normal" and moving on--- and then we get a call notifying us of very sad news today.

My husband's father has passed away. It was unexpected. My husband had not seen his dad for 6 1/2 years. He had planned to travel home in 2010--- the plan was made in February---that he'd go to Ghana to see his family. Then, in March, I was diagnosed with cancer. My illness totally thwarted his hopes and plans to travel. I feel so sorry that my health condition kept my husband from seeing his Papa one more time. I don't even know "where" to put this grief, and I don't think I'll ever settle it in my heart--- even though I know I couldn't control the fact that I got sick.

Our three young children will never meet their Papa. Having felt that hole in my own heart of never having the opportunity to meet my dad's parents (they passed before I was born), I am so sad that my children will also never have a memory of being with Papa.

My heart is broken for my husband and his siblings. He has 12 sibling--- all spread apart on this globe. They'll be coming together one day soon to say good-bye to their dear daddy. It will be very difficult for me to not be able to be there beside my husband, supporting him through that very painful time in his life. Aside from a miracle, there's just no possible way we can buy five plane tickets.

My poor, dear husband! He's the nicest guy I know. He's had a HARD year taking care of me, and now this. I pray that God will hold him close, give him strength and bless him.

No comments:

Post a Comment