Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Chemo Tomorrow

Well, here we go again--- tomorrow is "treatment day". I'm sad to give up the good health and energy I have right now. The past several days have been pretty good in that I've felt normal and have been able to do routine life things again. I know what's coming, and I dread it. Another week of nausea and exhaustion---leading to frustration---and dependency on others to do my work for me. :-(

We were able to get away on Sunday and Monday to visit my parents and my former sister-in-law. We had a great time! We had a family picnic, got to see my nephew's family, stopped by the beach, and just enjoy the slowe pace of life in my coastal hometown.

The twins had their first ever sleepover at their aunt's house. Kaylee stayed there, too, and enjoyed time with her. They played with their second cousin, their aunt's dog, got to ride miniature horses and feed them, swim, play with toys and watch movies, eat at a restaurant, etc. They had the best time and felt like they were having a vacation. :-)

Kathryn enjoyed exploring at Grandma's house. She calls my parents "grandpa and grandpa". Ha! Stephen and I enjoyed spending time with my parents. Kathryn got to take a walk with Grandma and liked that.

My sister-in-law taught me how to crochet a rag rug and I cannot wait to try it. Today, I bought a hook and some fabric. :-) Hip Hip Hooray!

Today, Stephen and I took our three little ones to the theater to see TOY STORY 3. They liked it and it felt good to me to do something normal wtih them, and to see them happy. We also went to the Farmer's Market with them, to Burger King, and to a store to buy my fabric. It was fun poking around there, as they have a bit of everything at cheap prices.

This evening, Kaylee and I took turns helping Tyler clean his apartment. I was impressed with how he pitched in and did his share. :-) My son can vacuum, sweep and mop! Ha!

Stephen's getting the kids ready for bed, so duty calls. I want to help before "going down for the count" in the days to come.

I hope and pray God can help lessen the side effects this time around. My heart is begging to just be NORMAL again all of the time--- to cook, clean and take care of my family myself! I MISS LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment