Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Climbing Out of the Chemo Pitt

I'm climbing out of the chemo pitt today. I'm feeling more human, although not great yet. I'll take "more human" over how I've felt lately, though!

I was able to get up and make a healthy breakfast BY MYSELF for my little ones. I look forward to being able to take that role back over full-time again. I MISS those things!

It was a rough night--- two of the kids woke up at odd hours and I had a family problem on my mind. This is a good opportunity to ask praying friends to pray for a specific couple in my family who need prayer. I'm very burdened for them.

Also, pray for my relative today--- she's scheduled to begin chemotherapy and she's VERY scared.

I've had a running "to do" list in my head for DAYS now ... things that have come to mind while resting and trying to feel well. I'm tempted to do more than I am up to and need PATIENCE. :)

There are some little blessings from the past several days that I want to share:

Friends and family helped with the party on Sunday, and I'm thankful for them and their desire to serve/help. They gave of their time because they cared. Time is valuable in our society--- Stephen and I appreciate what they did.

My OB/GYN called the other morning just to say 'hi' and check in. She's very sweet and truly cares about her patients.

An old, dear friend from Wyoming sent a thoughtful card and a copy of Reader's Digest (I'd not read one for years) ...it arrived on a day that I had spent on the couch. It was a treat to read a few articles between napping.

A breast cancer survivor sent a card that arrived yesterday... it's nice to know that someone who's BEEN THERE has her life back to normal now. I hope to achieve that, too!

Back to the physical--- my breast incision opened and began to drain today. I called the surgeon and he suggested the things that I'm already doing. Apparently, it's old fluid that's been trapped in the breast and it's decided to drain. :-) Surprise, surprise--- two months after surgery!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that normalcy is returning, even in little bits at a time. Also, thank you for specific prayer requests, it is so helpful to know. Sending you prayers & hugs!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Hugs back to you! We'll be in your area tom. and Monday. :-)

    ReplyDelete