Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Doc'sCalled

Muddling through... stubborn and determined to do as much normal stuff as possible, but TIRED.

The doctor's office returned my call a bit ago. I wanted to know if the oncologist WAS able to present my case to the Boston colleagues on Friday. The nurse who phoned me said that the doctor DID do that and the question is about whether to give me one or two more cycles of AC. One will be more than enough from my standpoint, thank you. UGH. I'm so tired of it all. The doctor will discuss this further with me on Aug. 4th at the next chemo appointment. If there isn't a great risk difference, I only want the ONE.

The twins have started swim lessons and I went with Kaylee and them for the first one yesterday. We then went to the farmer's market. After, Stephen and I went to see the new Karate Kid movie at the dollar theater. It was GOOD!

Today, Stephen and I took the twins and Kathryn to the little grocery store. I felt quite wiped out, but am so strong willed about trying to have a sense of normalcy. This afternoon, I did little paperwork things at the table and then rested. Now, we're grilling meat to go with potato salad and fresh corn on the cobb. And, I've washed, hung and folded laundry. Imagine it feeling like a LUXURY to be able to do LAUNDRY for yourself? I could even feel the wind blowing through what few little sprigs of hair I have. :-)

Tyler and the baby have come by today and will be back later. They were also here yesterday. I feel guilty for not pitching in and helping him a lot with Aloysius, but honestly, I'm really very, very tired and am using what energy I get to do things for the house and kids. I hope to make it up to him when I'm well. I AM washing his laundry this afternoon. Does that count? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment