Saturday, April 17, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Us!


Today is Stephen's and my sixth wedding anniversary. :-) My husband had a sweet plan for us to go to the hotel we went to for our honeymoon for lunch today, but they only serve dinner. Kaylee could only babysit at lunch-time. So, we went to one of our favorite restaurants-- Texas Roadhouse. I've renamed it "House of Rolls" because my husband is c-r-a-z-y about their bread! Ha! :0)
We also treated ourselves to some cool, new cell phones that have lots of fun features. We've always had basic phones, but now we can take pictures, play music, and other time comsuming but interesting things. :-)
And, what day on the town is complete without a stop at WALMART!? Ha! Stephen was cute, because he stopped us from making it a serious shopping stop because it's our anniversary and we didn't need to spend our day there. Ha!
I'm thankful to have a kind, considerate, loving, patient and wonderful husband!
There's one thing about having a cancer diagnosis-- it's never far from your thoughts no matter what you are doing or where you are. I am able to put it aside in order to enjoy what I'm doing, for the most part, but it's still "there". What I would explain to someone who's not faced a life threatening situation or illness is that things CHANGE once something bad like this happens to you. Something as simple as eating in your favorite restaurant takes on a new meaning. Before this diagnosis, I'd have gone to the restaurant, enjoyed it, and then taken it for granted that I'll be back there again at some point. On with busy life...
Well, today, while eating my salad, it tasted better than usual, the meat was better than usual, and so was the potato... I wanted to enjoy every bite and each flavor as if I may not get to eat there again. I can no longer assume that I will be doing anything at any given point, because we just don't know what tomorrow will bring. I would challenge my friends and family to not take each day for granted and to enjoy the little things and the people in their life like they don't have a promise of tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the perspective change. I hear ya! I love the new picture of you two - great color on you too :) You look vibrant & so happy together!!

    ReplyDelete