Sunday, April 11, 2010

Today

Yesterday's baby shower for my daughter-in-law went very well. I am so thankful to the people who helped make the party a successful, special time for Kanaho. It's overwhelming, really, ---the kindness of others.

Kanaho and Tyler received some much needed baby items. It was so sweet to see Tyler 's happy smiles when he popped in for a few minutes for some of the shower. He and Kanaho are so excited about their baby's upcoming arrival, and I have to say-- I cannot wait to see that grandbaby!

During the shower, I felt quite weak and extremely tired. There were times when my body just wanted to sink into the recliner and drop off to sleep. I hope that my health issue wasn't too much of a distraction from Kanaho's special time. It was really frustrating to not be able to dig in and to properly host the shower, but everytime I went to the kitchen to try and do something, i was shoo'd away and everything was in good hands. :-) I have to say, I feel very very blessed that my older kids have a "present" step-mother who wants to be involved in their lives. She was a great help with the shower yesterday. I wish that ALL children of divorce would be able to experience that type of a relationship. My husband and their stepmom are rare examples of very gracious step-parents.

The doctor is planning to call tomorrow or on Tuesday with the pathology report for the tumor. I'm feeling a bit aprehensive about that, but I'm trying to remember that cancer is a step-by-step process and it doesn't help to get ahead of ourselves along the way. God's taken good care of me this far, and He's going to get us through the rest of this journey.

I hope to rest off and on today. I'm feeling quite weak--- kind of light/faint. I've been able to do some dishes and iron something to wear. Right now, I'd like to get a bath, but it sounds like a huge task. Stephen's been a wonderful help with the kids and laundry. I hope he knows how much his help is appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you had a nice day...I'm sorry that you weren't able to be feeling better for this special time! It's good to be surrounded by loving people.

    Thanks for continued updates. <3 you!!

    ReplyDelete