Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Today

I woke up to a "ding" sound this morning. My husband text messaged me from his break at work and asked if I wanted to go out for lunch and to the mall today. :-) WOW! I thought he had vehicle related errands to do, so I was surprised and thankful that he opted to do some fun things. They were a good distraction!

We took the baby for lunch and saw my oldest son at his work. :-) Then, we used some gift cards and coupons for "free $10" towards merchandise to get some things for ourselves as well as the little ones for summer.

The twins were so HAPPY with their new short sets that they kept trying them on this evening. Ha! Two tops have soccer balls on them so they boys put them on to play soccer in the basement. They took green blankets to use as a field and had a great time. :-) It was so cute!

This evening, the three kids and I watched the rest of STEWART LITTLE. Even the baby loves that movie. She sat with us on the couch and laughed a lot. :-) I made french fries and grilled cheese sandwiches (junky stuff kids love) for everyone. We paused the movie to watch American Idol. The kids danced and ate fries, and in the end the boys picked their two favorites for me to vote for. :-)

I was thinking about how important it is, and what a privilege it is to spend time with the kids like that. Therefore, I have tried to catch up on as much email and FB email as possible with the hopes of finding a way to feel "on top of it" and then back off from it some in the coming days and weeks. I want to focus on my kids and husband, and getting well.

I want to call the oncologist's office tomorrow, because everything I've read about the Oncotype DX test is that it is for people with NEGATIVE nodes. I meet the criteria otherwise. I'm just wondering how effective a tool it will be in determining whether or not my tumor will respond to chemo if it's for node negative patients and I have one positive node (so far). I am guessing that it's because my node involvement is microscopic that it's a "gray" enough area that I do qualify for this test?

Anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment