Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Very Run Down

The kids have been taking turns with waking up during the night for the past several nights. Normally, they sleep well. It's starting to take a toll on my health as I'm very run down and have caught a cold. Usually, the kids get colds and I don't so much. I've tried to eat healthy things to build my immunity, but it's not going to do the trick without proper rest.

Kathryn cried from 1 AM to 3 AM or so last night. Both Stephen and I took turns checking on her. She was fine, but was awake and fussing. I tried everything I could to tune it out and sleep, but it was impossible. She did the same thing the night before from 3:30 to 5:00 AM. It's hard to let kids "cry it out" when you need sleep yourself.

The previous nights, the twins had gotten up at odd times for one reason or another.

Anyway, Kathryn finally went to sleep after 3 AM and I was able to doze a bit until the cat woke me at 4:30, and then Stephen was up for work at 5:30.

My parents and Kaylee have taken the kids to the library, McDonald's and the playground today to get them out for some fun so I can have some rest. It's been a bit hard to rest, though, with laundry and cooking for the evening meal to think about. It seems like the list never ends... but I'll go back to the couch and rest in a few minutes.

I'd ask anyone to pray specifically for some good sleep at night--- that the kids will sleep well. Otherwise, i don't know how I'm going to bounce back and be ready to take on another surgery and cancer treatments. And, we have a couple of long days coming up... Stephen works two jobs, totalling 13 hours on Friday and then nine hours on Saturday. Two long days back-to-back with the kids wears me out, and that's when I'm not sick. And, Stephen's been wanting to visit his friend for a long time now and would like to do that on Sunday afternoon. I want him to be able to go, because he rarely gets to go out and do something he enjoys... but I know I'm going to be dead tired by the time Sunday rolls around.

First visit with the oncologist on Friday afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Without sleep we just aren't ourselves! Cody didn't sleep through the night for 6 years. I have prayed every night for your babies to be sleepy & for you all to get rest. It's so hard when you look at the long days ahead and feel so tired to begin with.

    I'm still praying for you & for your oncology appt. tomorrow. Hopefully, more answers for next steps!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete