Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Today's THE day!

Cancer, ready or not, you're going to LEAVE today! :-) So, pack your bags!

Hospital at 8:30.
Wire placement at 10:00.
Radioactive solution 11:00.
Surgery at 1:00.

So, no body lotion, no make-up, no jewelry... a humble way to start the day!

No food. No drinks after 9 AM.

Got it. Check!

Mom and Dad are here, Kaylee's here. Kanaho's coming later. The kids have people. Kelli, your kids are going to be well taken care of. Stop worrying. (I can't stop worrying about leaving my toddler who's busy and into everything. Lord, please keep her safe!)

The preschool teachers will walk the boys home after school. So thoughtful! We want to keep the day as normal as possible for them.

I wish Stephen didn't have to sit alone at the hospital during the surgery, but maybe God's already ahead of us and has that covered!

Phew. It's gotta' go, and this is the only way. I have to do this. And, this should be worth a LOT of bites out of the elephant--- maybe a whole hind quarter?! lol

I fear the anesthesia, but I'm telling myself that this is going to be a NICE nap period. I was up at midnight and 4:50 a.m., and then up for the day at 6:30--- and at some point one of the twins came to our room to sleep. So, a nap would be good, right?

I appreciate all the prayers ... so many wonderful, sweet people are praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment