Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bone Scan done! CHECK!

Three more bites of elephant down! :-) I sensed the prayers of others today when going for the bone scan. It went well and the radiologist told the technician to tell me that everything looked good. :-) Thank you, Lord! WHAT a relief!

The doctor had said he'll call once all of the scans have been done, so maybe he'll be calling this week? I cannot emphasize enough how GLAD I am to have these tests overwith.

It's a bit freaky to know that I currently have radioactive material in my veins, and it was equally strange to go to Nuclear Medicine for the scan today. There's just something odd about the words "radioactive" and "nuclear" pertaining to one's body. Ha!

The only unnerving part of the scan was when the camera platform/table was lowered over my head for 3-5 minutes. I felt a bit trapped. It was cool, though, that Stephen was able to sit in the room and watch the entire process. We got to see pics of my skeleten. :-) The twins would have loved that part!

Between hospital appointments today we sneaked to Denny's for breakfast. :-) While there, I noticed that the Senior Citizen's Club was open to people ages 55 and up. I told Stephen "14 years!" lol That was a bit disheartening! lol Fifty-five seems young for a senior citizen discount! :-)

We have a good distraction in the house right now. We're planning for Kanaho's (my daughter-in-law's) April 10th baby shower. :-) That will help to fill the next several days with positive, happy things.

So thankful for the love, support, prayers and friendship of others. Those prayers are going a long... way these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment