Saturday, March 27, 2010

Contrast

Today is my oldest son's (Tyler's) 24th birthday. We're planning a small family party for him at our house, but I feel very tired and sick today. The contrast that I had to drink and from the IV for yesterday's scan has really upset my stomach. And, two of the little ones were up in the night: 12:30 a.m. and 5:30 a.m.

I want Tyler to have a nice party and make some good memories, but I feel like I need to go and sleep. I'm exhausted from the stress of this diagnosis and from having little sleep due to kids getting up for several nights. I cry easily today, and it feels like my body is moving in very slow motion. I can't seem to muster up the energy to do what I normally do.

Kaylee's decorating. Kanaho wants to learn how to cook the chicken alfredo for Tyler's dinner and wants me to teach her when she arrives. My elderly parents are on their way to spend the night at our house. The boys are very active and the baby is waking up from her nap. I'm frustrated about not having energy to "do" this day.

When we were at the store today, it seemed like we were in an airplane, because all of the voices in the background sounded muffled to me. It was really irritating. Any noise clutter grates on my nerves today.

I'm asking God to help me --- I want everyone who's coming, and especially Tyler, to have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment