Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Doctor's Phone Call

God knew what I needed this evening. My OB/GYN called to check in. (She's the one who ordered the mammogram that made us aware of the cancer.) Her call was encouraging. She said that the date (April 5) of the bone scan is "soon". She doesn't think that's a long wait, and she said that I can be doing things during the time I'm waiting for the scan. (And, I have a lot on my "to do" list to tackle!) :-) She explained to me that cancer takes 10 years to grow one centimeter, so mine isn't going to grow or spread in just a matter of weeks or a month while I'm waiting for tests and surgery. She said that this cancer I have has been there for many years, and had we not done the mammogram, we'd not even know about it right now. I understand all of this, but will still be so glad to get the tests and surgery behind me.

I know that as time goes on I'll become more and more appreciative of that mammogram that day, but for now, I'm still feelnig a bit ambivilant about it--- as crazy as that sounds! That test is what has changed my life into a rollercoaster ride of emotions. But, that test is also what's alerted the doctors to begin life saving tests and procedures.

A friend reminded me of something very important today. She shared about allowing fear to give away time to Satan. I agree with her, Satan doesn't deserve our time! GOD IS IN CONTROL.

5 comments:

  1. SO glad you got to speak to your doctor! Praying for you sister! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God just reminded me about a line from the poem "Footprints in the Sand".... "that is when I carried you" (during times like this). I keep visualizing you in His hands and hoping that tomorrow is a little brighter. I suspect that accepting the moments and looking to Him are part of the journey. Sorry you are having to go through this. You're not alone! Lots of love, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - this comment went along with your earlier post from today... oops! Glad you had an uplifting call from the OB/GYN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Patty. Those prayers are making a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, that poem is something that I can take with me along the way in this "journey". Thank you for reminding me about that. I love the idea of letting Jesus carry me through it. :-)

    ReplyDelete