Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cooking Up Some Control!

We handle our stresses and cares in an assortment of ways, don't we?

Today, I decided to do a lot of cooking. I think it's because it's something I had control over--- unlike what's going on with my body. I cooked, because I could. I cooked, because after Monday, I won't be able to do it for some time. Yet, all of the cooking wore me out.

There was meatloaf, mashed potatos, squash, green beans, banana cake, fried rice, breakfast sandwiches and an omlet for my husband! And, of course, lunch and an alternate, early evening meal for the twins!

I've been running around the house like a chicken with it's head cut off for several days now, trying to accomplish anything and everything I can-- just like a mom who's "nesting" just before giving birth.

I have this rediculous "to do" list in my head, and it's quite obvious to me that I will not realistically be able to get everything I want to done prior to Monday's surgery. And, logically, why would I be tiring myself out BEFORE surgery and the required recovery period that will follow? It doesn't make sense--- other than I'm a control freak when it comes to efficiency and organization.

As IF the laundry won't need to be done again on Tuesday? Ha! Why do I feel I have to stay up tomorrow evening washing up all of the dirty laundry as if everything's going to stay clean and neat until I've recovered and can take over the household chores again? I've actually planned it out--- the twins will have their evening baths and then I'll gather up all of the dirty towels and wash them. Ha!

Wouldn't it make more sense to go to bed early and RELAX?

Humans are such complex beings. I handle my stress by cleaning. I wonder what others do?

No comments:

Post a Comment