Thursday, May 13, 2010

NORMAL day! Yahoo!

Thank you, Lord, for a "normal" day! It seemed so good to spend the afternoon with my husband doing stuff we always used to do before the cancer diagnosis and surgeries and gazillion medical appointments!

I was so happy being out with Stephen and enjoying life together--- but it was bittersweet, because occasionally I'd think about how I want to LIVE and be able to be with him for a LONG time. I sooo hope and pray God allows me to be cured.

We FINALLY got to go shopping for the grandbaby --- it was hard waiting for 1 1/2 weeks after his birth.

We went to some stores--- found an amazing buy on winter boots for the twins for next year--- $2.00 on clearance!

My hair stylist was able to squeeze me in for a cut today---my last one before chemotherapy. I asked her to cut it short so I could transition more easily from long hair to no hair. It's in a cute little short bob that graduates in length from the back to the front.

And, after calling a lady this morning about wig stuff and feeling kind of bummed at her inability to help me, we found an "angel" to help us! We had noticed a couple of months ago that a local salon advertised wigs. Stephen went in with me today to inquire about them. The lady who sells them has 10 years experience with helping cancer patients with their head covering needs. She was just so good to me! We scheduled a time for later that day for me to go back and consult with her. I tried on a wig that's part human hair and mixed fibers. The color is close to mine and the style is one similar to what I've worn before. It's a WIG, but it's also a symbol of dignity when you know you're going to lose your hair! It makes me feel a bit "safe" to know I can have something like that on hand if it's too traumatic to go out with just a cap or scarf.

We were blessed with a delicious meal tonight! THANK YOU, PATTY!!! We appreciate all you've done for us, so much! It was wonderful to come home and sit down together as a family to a hot meal and get refreshed for the busy evening of tending to the kids and house.

Surgeon's appt. tom. at 11:30. We hope to meet up with my best friend from childhood who will be in the hospital at the same time we will. YAY!

Surgery on Monday for the placement of a port for my chemotherapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment