Monday, May 10, 2010

Gratitude

God has really turned this day upside right. :-) He's blessed us with day brightening visits from kind people. We're so overwhelmed with gratitude.

I haven't felt deserving of all of the kindness people have bestowed upon us. I guess I must feel that I have to pass a test of some sort in order to be eligible for receiving love and care from others? Ha! Silly!

I really feel that the love and support of family and friends during a battle with cancer is 50% of what one needs to fight the disease. It's just not something to experience alone.

This morning, my longtime friend stopped by with a few surprises for the kids and my favorite soda. She patiently waited for Kaylee to finish helping me bathe and wash my hair--- which has become quite a process compared to hopping into and out of the shower independently. I feel as though I've not kept up with my friendships very well during the past several years since having three small children, yet my friends have stuck by me. It means a great deal to me. It was nice to talk about old times, and this and that.

And, this evening--- who should show up at our door with a meal in his hand? Our pediatrician! How thoughtful! He'd prepared a gourmet chicken dish which was absolutely delicious! We were so touched by his geunine kindness toward us. And, how funny it was to learn that he used to rent a room in our home years ago---just prior to our purchasing the place.

People have been so good to us. WOW! I hope and pray to be able to do the same for others. People need people.

No comments:

Post a Comment