Friday, May 28, 2010

The Drain Is GONE!

Yahoo! The drain is gone! Twenty-five days without a REAL shower--- I've come to realize what a luxury a shower is. :-) We had an appointment for the drain to come out on Tuesday, but the drainage had slowed down over the past couple of days so I thought it was worth "running by" the surgeon this morning. He said he could remove it today. I'm extremely GRATEFUL.

Aloysius, my grandbaby, was discharged from the hospital yesterday. His parents from him to visit for about eight hours. He's a sweet little baby. He needed a few things for his homecoming, so Kathryn and I went out shopping last night to buy some essentials (i.e. bassinett sheets, bottles). I'm still old fashioned about baby care and washed the bottles and boiled (sterilized) them. By the time I'd finished helping with Aloysius (we gave him his first "home" bath, too), his mommy's laundry and shopping, I was TIRED! We watched a movie with Tyler and Kanaho late and then went to bed after 11 PM.
I'm very very thankful to a friend and her family for providing a meal for us last night. It turned out to be a very busy day and I'd have found it difficult to cook for everyone.

This morning, I got that last minute appt. to have the drain removed and then rushed to Kanaho's and Ty's apartment to pick up mommy and baby. We went to his first check-up at the pediatrician's. It took some time, as there was a "mountain" of paperwork to fill out as well as the exam. Aloysius did GREAT. He's a sweet baby--- easy going.

Afterward, we went to his Daddy's work place so he could be introduced to management. We had some lunch and then tired Grandma went home to her own house full of little ones at 3 PM. We had plans to take the kids to an amusement park four hours from home tomorrow and spend the night at a hotel, but I'm way too tired to even think about packing up the five of us. And, I spent my hotel money on baby necessaties for Aloysius.

I'd wanted to get away because due to chemo--- I feel like this weekend is the beginning AND the end of my summer. After Wednesday, I'm going to be under the control of the effects of chemo--- stay away from germy places, crowded places, maybe be sick and/or tired--- lose my hair (which will make me want to stay home)... so I'm kind of bumming and sad tonight. I was really looking forward to going away and letting the kids play at the hotel pool, etc. I'm "working through" my disappointment, emotionally.

We're going to try and make a day trip to a zoo three hours away one day this weekend. That's our alternative plan now, and that'll be expensive enough during this time. I just want my kids to have a good summer. I don't want to cancel everything due to my sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment