Saturday, June 12, 2010

Almost Normal--- Hip Hip Hooray!

Two WONDERFUL days--- I've woken up without nausea, have felt NORMAL (other than getting tired a bit quickly) and have had an appetite. It seems so good to not feel like a cancer patient for a change. Thank you, Lord!

Yesterday, my twins graduated from preschool and we attended a special time for parents. It was so cute! I can't believe my "babies" are turning five next month and will be going to kindergarten in the fall. :-) :-) I'm already seeing a lot of change in them since this time last year.

I have been doing some housework, and we even took the three little ones to the mall today. We had fun! The twins signed up for a mall kids club and got a ton of cool stuff for just the $5.00 membership. That made their day. Oh, I cannot mention enough how wonderful it felt to go out and do something that felt NORMAL as a family. I did get tired easily and sat down a few times, but that's "nuthin'" like the first week following chemo.

Speaking of chemo, we've rescheduled the next one for Tuesday, June 22nd. We're trying to gradually work backwards from Wednesday treatments to Monday ones. The third chemotherapy infusion is scheduled for July 12th. Just knowing these dates makes me see the end is coming. If all goes well and sickness doesn't delay the schedule, my final one should be at the very beginning of August--- UNLESS we do go ahead with the 5th and 6th cycles for extra insurance.

Whatever the case, four to six treatments sure beats the original plan for 16!!

I've had a restless past couple of nights, because I've been worrying about my hair. Several people have told me that women typically wake up and find clumps of hair on their pillows when it starts to fall out. My hair is due to fall out in the coming days, so it's really on my mind. So, I wake up off and on during the night, feel my hair and look at my pillow. It's a scary feeling, really. I know it will be soon because if I run my hands through my hair, strands come off. Also, my hair is breaking off in several places and thinning in the very front bang area. I have such fine hair to begin with. Although I'm prepared with hats, scarves and a wig--- it's definitely a loss emotionally, too. Sometimes, I look in the mirror and feel like crying. I try to memorize what my hair looks like. Stephen has a picture of me on the face of his cell phone---taken when my hair was a bit longer. It's sweet that he put it there, and I want him to keep it there until my hair comes back, so he can remember what his wife looks like.

Right now, FIFA World Cup excitement has overtaken the house. :0) Fun times!

Kaylee's made breakfast for supper, so I'll sign off here.

No comments:

Post a Comment