Thursday, June 17, 2010

Time to Deal with Hair

It's coming out in handfulls now--- as hard as it is, I'm going to have to get it cut today. I can't even think about showering tomorrow morning and holding clumps of wet hair in my hands. If I just touch my hair today soooo much falls out into my hand. :-( SAD!

It's temporary, I know, but still---- show me a woman who wouldn't feel bad about losing her hair even if it's short term?

To compound the emotion--- I received a 3 AM text from the same relative that woke me up the other night due to relationship problems. I'm exhausted. I couldn't sleep again for a few hours after the texting. :-( I'm really angry with the parties involved, because the one causing all of the trouble knows what he/she is doing is wrong. I find that he/she is behaving extremely selfishly given several different circumstances at this time. I CANNOT fix their problems. I have tried to talk to both and their issues just continue. WHY am I being brought into this problem when I am battling cancer? It's "too much". I care, but I cannot fix it. The one who's causing the problems in the relationship needs a heart change--- and that comes from within the person.

UPDATE: I have a 6 PM appointment to cut off my hair and trim my wig today. What a HARD thing to do!! With this entire breast cancer "thing" I've felt like I just get over one difficulty and then have to face another one. Right now, it's overwhelming to look down the road ahead... probably five more chemo treatments (with a sick week following each one), surgery and radiation, and then... 5-10 years of hormone cancer drug treatment---and always looking over my shoulder to see if the cancer has come back.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the struggles that you are facing. I haven't had a chance to read this week & just got caught up. I will continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! We'll get through it---one day at a time and one step at a time. The hair issue is just "one more thing" with cancer. There will eventually be an end to all of this. The prayers, support and friendship of others help so much!

    ReplyDelete