Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sick Day

...having a sick day, but it was entirely expected. My "big nausea day" came two days after the first treatment, as well. This time, I have more nausea drugs to combat the symptoms with, but still feel blah and need to rest. I'll "ride it out". What else would make sense?

I'm thankful for Kaylee's and Stephen's help. It's multiple blessings day... the girls from church came out and cleaned the house. They did the most amazing job...above and beyond, and in such a short time. I'm so grateful! My friend Patty is bringing her "mean french toast" for supper--- Mmmmm. The timing of these helps is great, because Kaylee's got the responsibilityof the three kids today, so having a meal made and the house cleaned lets up on her. There's plenty of work with just the three kids and their needs. Stephen's working two jobs today, too. God's been so good to us through others.

Lots has been going on today--- I've been talking some with the person close to me who's recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. I'm trying to line up some help and support for her. There's just no way you can go through this illness and not want to help someone else. It's truly an awful thing to experience.

Speaking of helping others, for those of you who are reading my blog as to know how to pray for me, I have some thoughts to share with you.

Often times, unless we experience a difficulty that someone else has gone through, we feel so bad for them and wish we knew how to help, and we try and relate as best we can based on what information we have. I'd suggest that there are a gazillion ways to help someone facing any tragedy or crisis. And, you don't have to have a lot of money to do it. :-)

Send a card, make a meal, offer childcare for appointments or sick days, make a short phone call, line up cleaning services or offer to mop a floor, drop off a dessert, ...there are countless ways to encourage without feeling as though you're being intrusive. It's true that some folks are very private during a time of diffculty, but in those cases even a little notecard is nice. It's great to know that you're not alone...and that others are praying and that they care.

I've always felt, in the past, that I shouldn't disturb someone who's having a problem. Now, I think it should be just the opposite... bring a smile and some encouragement in any little way that you're able to. Some days, your thoughtless act might be the ONLY little bit of joy that person receives.

With all of that said, I want to sincerely thank each and every person who reads this blog and prays. I OFTEN sense the prayers of others and this has made an huge impact on me regarding the power of prayer and how important it is to pray for one another. THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment