Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Hair is GONE and I Am Relieved!

Thank God (literally) that it is OVER! I could not stand to find one more clump or strand falling out --- I am SO RELIEVED that it's gone. Kaylee came home from a wedding and shaved it off with our clippers. I cannot adequately describe the relief that I am feeling. No more anxiety about hair coming out. It's done.

Actually, I like the turbans and scarves MUCH better than the short-short haircut that I had for two days. These combination head pieces are cute. I believe I CAN go out for Father's Day without feeling too bad in these things.

After Kaylee cut my hair I wanted to shower. It actually felt good to wash my head without clumps of hair falling out when I touched it.

I looked in the mirror at my "battle scars" from my surgeries and at my relatively bald head and my first thought was "By God's grace, I am STILL STANDING." And, I am still ME.

The interesting thing in all of this is that I now know where my oldest son got his head shape from. :-) And, the double cowlick (sp?) that both Tyler and Sammy have on their top of their heads. MAMA! I can't get over how much my son Tyler and I look ALIKE with my hair cut like this. Yep, he's my "baby"!

Thank you, Lord! It's over and I'm at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment