Tuesday, June 15, 2010

HAIR

When I was shampooing and rinsing my hair this morning, strands of hair were coming out and wrapping themselves around my fingers. There was also hair at the drain. When I brushed my hair, lots of wet hair collected in the hairbrush. I guess it's starting...

...with that in mind, I talked with my regular hairdresser about when she may be able to remove my hair this week if necessary. I've also talked with the stylist from whom I bought my wig. She demonstrated how to wash my wig today and did the first wash for me. It's ready to 'go'. It's just going to need to be trimmed to suit me once my hair is gone.

I'm bummed---not looking forward to losing my hair. I touch it a lot--- just wanting to know it's still there.

On the flip side--- it's been a nice day for our family. We went to Lowe's and bought some replacement screen for a couple of windows, as well as some play sand for the children. We also took them to the Dollar Tree and to the library. They had a great time. Well... Kathryn was home napping in Kaylee's care, but we brought books home for her. :-)

I'm starting to feel the "count down" til the next treatment -- Tues., June 22nd. It's coming too soon! Stephen's starting to prepare to go back to his second job, maybe even this week. I'll miss him, as he's been a tremendous source of support to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment