Sunday, June 13, 2010

Kewl Stuff

We've had some *kewl* stuff to celebrate today. First of all, our family put on our Ghana team colors, hats and scarves to watch the World Cup game between Ghana and Serbia. FUN! The only problem is that my husband and daughter got so excited when Ghana scored a winning goal that they screamed, danced and woke the baby up. Ha!

Kaylee and I made a yummy Thanksgiving dinner for after the game. Samuel informed me that it's not Thanksgiving. :-) Really? Ha!

The Ghana game was exciting, but what was SUPER DUPER EXCITING? My mother-in-law (and other family members) in Ghana was able to see her son (my husband) on Skype today. She hadn't seen him for over six years, and he's her "baby". This has totally tickled my heart. :-) She was also so happy to see our children moving, talking and playing for the first time. We are grateful to older brother George for hooking up the internet in the family home in Ghana. :-) And, how PRECIOUS it was to listen to six year old Dada Boat singing a baby lullaby to Kathryn! :-) I haven't met Dada Boat yet, because the last time I was in Ghana his mom was pregnant with him. I cannot wait to go and see my nieces and nephews again. We miss them all so much!

Last night was restless, but not because of my illness. I was contacted very late by an upset relative and got involved in a problem between two people. I could not sleep all night long, as I alternated between contacting people, praying and being angry at the situation. I hope that hearts involved turn to God as to let Him make a positive difference in that family. I am SO TIRED today.

My hair is still "hanging in there". It's lost it's luster and it's quite flat. It's thinning out a few strands at a time. I find myself touching it a lot. I'm really going to miss it!

Well, with the lack of sleep and the excitement of the day combined, I'm going to nap before running an errand. Tootle-loo!

No comments:

Post a Comment