Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Update on Baby, Etc.

My grandbaby will be able to go home from the hospital tomorrow. Antibiotics should do the trick. :-) His mommy and daddy are very tired from not getting much rest at the hospital.

Stephen and I took Kathryn (our baby) shopping today for birthday presents for the twins. We also spent a great deal of time at Walmart stocking up on groceries. I wanted to shop ahead, because the holiday, birthday (Monday) and chemo are just around the corner.

I felt wiped out just after bathing the baby this morning---before going shopping, and then weak in the store. By the time we were at the check-out, I was shaking. This CAN'T be normal, can it? Chemo was eight days ago!

Whatever the case, I've left a voicemail for my oncologist's nurse. Hopefully, she'll call back tomorrow morning.

My blood pressure is still lower than my baseline--- the bottom number stays in the 60's now and it's normally in the 80's. I wish I knew more about "medical stuff"!

I've been an eating fanatic---- very well balanced diet---trying to see if that will make me feel better.

I dunno--- I just want to get this chemo business behind me and out of my life. The whole thing takes a toll after a while. I had a horrible time (emotionally) trying to find something I felt good about wearing on my head today--- the wig just didn't feel "normal" to me. It's not ME. I ended up wearing a white hat with a colorful little scarf around it. When you're busy shopping, you forget what you look like anyway. :-) For goodness sake, I have cancer--- so I need to cut myself some slack. :-) RIGHT?

Besides, I'll have hair again soon enough and will then spend more time in the bathroom--- maybe I'll even miss being bald. It's easier maintenance! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment