Wednesday, June 23, 2010

SAD NEWS

Oh, what a SAD day!

My YOUNG, beautiful relative--- a mother of an infant and preschooler has just received word that she has breast cancer. This girl is so close to my heart that I feel like it's going to break.

I can't release her name without permission, but just know that she is in a great deal of shock and her medical needs are being addressed very, very rapidly. She's getting extremely prompt care, as I did. She's being rushed from step to step to step. It's so fast that it's hard for her to even grasp all that's happening in her life. PRAY FOR HER. (And, that people who can will step up to help her family.)

She said that because I had a breast cancer diagnosis, it prompted her to do a self-breast exam. She found her own lump. Any women reading my blog, I URGE you to do self exams. I never saw the need to do it myself, because I didn't think I had to worry about breast cancer. How I regret it--- my lump was easy to find, and I'd have possibly gotten a more early detection had I been checking. TAKE THE TIME TO CHECK. Early detection SAVES LIVES.

Breast cancer seems to be running rampant these days and it's not discriminating... it can happen to anyone. CHECK!

I've gone for my Neulasta injection. I'm asking for prayer that the bone pain (when the marrow kicks in to generate white cells) that it is more tolerable this time, or that some pain med. may be necessary and help to manage it.

Also, I've received word that my next treatment will be scheduled for sooner than I was expecting--- the very week of my twins' birthday (July 5th) and party! :-( I will need extra hands to pull off their bowling alley party on the 11th. Lots of preschoolers to supervise, and that will most likely be another "bone pain day" (it occurs five days after the injection). Thanks for prayers! I want them to still have their party and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment