Friday, June 4, 2010

SICK

The effects of chemo have "hit" me today. Thus, the green--- for nausea. I woke up sick!

I've been sick all day. Not vomitting, but.... so... nauseated.

My mouth (including tongue and throat) are sore and sensitive. I have to rinse with salt and warm water every four hours to prevent sores.

The nurse is calling in a different nausea drug for me to try. She said that whatever nausea drug they gave me by IV on Wed. has probably carried me through til now but has worn off. The nausea pills I take every six hours are not cutting it. I hope the other drug will do the trick, although it makes one sleepy.
:-(

I WANTED to feel good for our weekend visit with Stephen's sister. :-( UGH!

My scalp is sensitive. The hair follicles are being attacked already, then.

My sense of smell is heightened. My husband's shower soap smelled 10 times stronger than usual, as does everything else... cut grass, spaghetti sauce (my daughter just heated it up), my own body lotion... everything.

And, my sense of taste is a bit "off"... a bit metalic.

Welcome to chemotherapy. I hope and pray that God can get me through it without my losing my marbles!!

1 comment:

  1. Make SURE you call if you need ANYTHING! Love you! We are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete